How Do I Get Cricut To Cut With This Blade They Sent In Box?

Decorating By debster Updated 12 May 2010 , 2:52pm by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 11 May 2010 , 1:19pm
post #31 of 39

I absolutely will! Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

redrosenj99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redrosenj99 Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:28pm
post #32 of 39

This machine is going to take a little getting use to. I posted a cake I had made a couple of weeks ago using the Cricut. I am working on one for Memorial Day . Just give it some time, and play play play!!

Melvira Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:38pm
post #33 of 39

I can't think of a better reason to play!! If anyone rasies an eyebrow, "I'm getting good at this so I can sell more cakes and become a bajillionaire!" thumbs_up.gif

Have any of you tried or do you use the MTC program? Someone mentioned it in another thread. I think the cartridges are great, but I will want to be able to design my own stuff. Opinions on what works for that? I really appreciate you guys letting me hi-jack a little bit here. I'm funny about spending a ton of money without any opinions about a product from people that I know are on my general level.

aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 11 May 2010 , 2:46pm
post #34 of 39

In reading the reviews and other CCers I purchased the MTC program but have not had a chance to use that yet either.. Guess I am ALL set when I can make time for my new cricut!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:08am
post #35 of 39

I thought it was pricy also but then I figured I spent 50.00 on those cutters from Jen Dontz then I have the Benison stuff and on and on six of those pieces and the cake is paid for. I LOVE all those cutters and I'm finding it cheaper to do the cricut stuff cause you can go for ALL different sizes from one pattern.

Melvira Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:56am
post #36 of 39

Ohhhh, you guys better slow down! I can hear the dinging of a cash register in my head! I told my hubby how tempted I was and his response was, "So...get it!" D'oh!! Is NO ONE going to try to stop me? But next week is the busiest week of the year so far (graduations) so I can't go get it and let it sit there! Then again, it's on sale right now. Gah! Do you see what you've done to me!? icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:13am
post #37 of 39

So someone said they can use the Expressions blade on the cake cricut. But can you put a cake blade on the Expression Cricut?

OR, Can you use the Expression blade to cut gumpaste/fondant?

Thank you for any help!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 12 May 2010 , 3:34am
post #38 of 39

Hey Melvira,

I took these for you, so you could get an up close idea of what the machine looks like.
LL
LL
LL

Melvira Posted 12 May 2010 , 2:52pm
post #39 of 39

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was dirty pool!! It's RED!! I LOVE RED!!! And it's glossy red!! That's hitting below the belt!! icon_cry.gif (Thank you!!) icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%