Fondant Over Ganache

Decorating By bates123 Updated 29 May 2014 , 4:51pm by candacethecook

justinaud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinaud Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 8:50am
post #31 of 34

My cake was iced with Ganach 3:1 ration, I was able to cover it with fondant and it was one merry moment until I started smoothening it and the cake began to sag -  for some reason  ganache underneath the fondant  was melting or began to fall off the side and gather in the end of the cake- I am now sitting with a sagging cake wondering what to do

I am in hot and humid place but yes I did let the ganached cake sit on the counter for abt 8 hrs to prevent condensation

any help

candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:22pm
post #32 of 34

When using semisweet chocolate chips is the ratio still 2 to 1 or 2 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream?  I want to cover a small cake in ganache and then cover with fondant.  Can you tell me, also, after I've covered with fondant, should I refrigerate the cake until I deliver 1 day later?  

Thanks.  Candace

kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:33pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by candacethecook 

When using semisweet chocolate chips is the ratio still 2 to 1 or 2 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream?  I want to cover a small cake in ganache and then cover with fondant.  Can you tell me, also, after I've covered with fondant, should I refrigerate the cake until I deliver 1 day later?  

Thanks.  Candace

For semisweet, it's still 2:1 ratio. And you do not need to refrigerate ganached cakes, unless you have a perishable filling. 

And I highly recommend to get a kitchen scale, I have one that I got for under $10. It's better to weigh the measurements for ganache (or anything with baking), then to use cups. 

candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:51pm
post #34 of 34

Thank you so much.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%