Help!! Sinking Cake!

Baking By savoriesnsweets Updated 5 May 2010 , 6:32pm by WildSugar

savoriesnsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savoriesnsweets Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:30am
post #1 of 2

Hello all,
I'm so frustrated now I don't know where to start! I've been starting to make cake for mother's day next weekend. Yesterday, I was trying to make an almond paste cake (from the Well-Decorated Cake by Toba Garrett). I've made this cake before and never had a problem but for some reason yesterday, it sank. I weighed everything, I pre-heated my oven, I took my butter & eggs out to be at room temp so I don't know what I did wrong. I tried again today, only I used a fresh container of baking powder, thinking that might be it, but again, sinking cakes! The only thing I can thing it could be is maybe my oven temp?? I have no clue--this has NEVER happened to me before and I'm super discouraged. I'm ready to just give up and just buy something for my mom & grandma instead of making something even though I know they'd both appreciate something I made more. Any thoughts or suggestions??? I'd appreciate any advice!!
Thanks!
Stacy

1 reply
WildSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WildSugar Posted 5 May 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 2

I have the same problem on a very regular basis. It's really random too. I can use the exact recipe i always use that usually comes out perfect, and it will sink. NO idea why. I've tried adjusting oven temperature, ingredients, bake time, EVERYthing and i cant figure it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%