Bake Even Strips For 1/4 Sheet Cake Pan

Decorating By Byron Updated 4 May 2010 , 2:22am by tigerhawk83

Byron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Byron Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 4

Anyone use bake even strips for a 1/4 sheet cake. The ones I can find are wilton and regency which come in a 2 pack of 8" and 9" and a 4 pack of 10 12" 14" and 16" size.

Now if my math is still good, the 14" strip will fit my 13x9" tin, however I have 4 tins and buying the 4 pack @ $33 dollars a go is a little expensive, plus wasteful as I never bake 10, 12 or 16" cakes.

So if anyone knows where I can get a 14" bake even strip in singles I would apreciate it.

Thanks

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:37am
post #2 of 4

you can pin two smaller ones together ... it's ok if they overlap (I overlapped mine all the time). Or you can cut old towels into strips and use those.

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:45am
post #3 of 4

Another way to get around the bulge on the cake without BE strips is to bake it 25-30F lower than the recipe calls for. I took a class from a pastry chef and this was her recommendation. I time the cake according to the recipe and then set my timer for 5-10 min. periods and check very closely. You will soon learn how your oven heats and how much extra time you need to bake at a lower temp.

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

I make all mine homemade from fleece off the remnant table @ my local fabric store. I just cut the length I need - no seaming, no raveling and each one is a custom fit - and the price is right icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%