Cricut Cake Keyboard Overlay

Decorating By Ocean23 Updated 2 May 2010 , 11:24pm by JaimeAnn

Ocean23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ocean23 Posted 2 May 2010 , 4:26am
post #1 of 10

shouldn't there be more than one overlay??? How do I type in the font when there are no letters on the keyboard???

9 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:10am
post #2 of 10

Is there an overlay with each cartridge??

leilei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leilei Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:17am
post #3 of 10

I had to find all that in the book that came with the cartridge.

ONEWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ONEWAY Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:18am
post #4 of 10

you get an overlay with each cartidge

ONEWAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ONEWAY Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:19am
post #5 of 10

you get an overlay with each cartidge

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:45am
post #6 of 10

each cartridge only has one overlay. You have to use your book to see what image the font corresponds with.

Use the font key then pic the image that the letter you want corresponds with. It will show on your screen what you have chosen.

JaimeAnn Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:45am
post #7 of 10

each cartridge only has one overlay. You have to use your book to see what image the font corresponds with.

Use the font key then pic the image that the letter you want corresponds with. It will show on your screen what you have chosen.

Ocean23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ocean23 Posted 2 May 2010 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone!I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I have it working now icon_smile.gif

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:05pm
post #9 of 10

I absolutely HATE this about the cricut cake , like I need to play hide and seek to find what I want, in the middle of decorating my cake.....UGH!! Having never touched a cricut before this is a major pain and big learning curve, like we don't already have enough to do trying to figure out the mediums consistancy and settings to cut properly............How about just giving us the matching overlays????

JaimeAnn Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:24pm
post #10 of 10

I agree it would be much easier to use if they gave you a seperate overlay for each set of designs.

This is quite the norm for crafting machines and programs though. My embroidery design machine and software is similar.

It would even have been better if the cartridge book had a laminated quick reference guide to each cartridge , or if the book itself was a little better quality, (laminated pages maybe?) My pages were stuck together at the top and hard to open without tearing.

Maybe I will make my own quick reference cards by scanning and printing then laminating.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%