Royal Of Buttercream?

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 2 May 2010 , 7:33am by Ballymena

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 3

I'm planning to make a 4 tiered cake with buttercream frosting; two tiers will have French dots and the other two will have scrolls. Which would you use: royal or buttercream for the scrolls and dots? Thanks for your help.

2 replies
jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:06am
post #2 of 3

I use BC for both scrolls and dots, but I mix in a good amount of light corn syrup to the BC before I pipe. Makes it go on more smoothly and lessens the liklihood of breaks in the BC. Good luck!

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:33am
post #3 of 3

Piping gel works well without making the icing too thin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%