What Board To Get For Rolling Gp?

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 1 May 2010 , 11:42pm by Rylan

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 6

So I think I want a nice little board to roll out GP so I'm not getting out my massive mat everytime I wanna do a flower or two - and it'll give me a hard surface to cut the flowers with.

Anyway I'm between (2). Suggestions?

The Greenboard - not grooves for wiring.

http://www.ahcakedesign.com/12x9greenboard.html

Celboard- grooved and holed. Easier?? I haven't done a lot of wired flowers...

http://www.ahcakedesign.com/43-cc098.html

5 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 6

I have the cell board and LOVE it! One side has the grooves and holes for making leaves and mexican hat method flowers/buds. The other side is completely smooth and perfect for rolling and cutting everything else. If you think you will ever get into wired flowers it is worth it because it is very all purpose.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 6

I found some oval shaped Corian boards at "The Christmas Tree Shop" for around $10. Nice smooth surface. Worth shopping around to find a smooth board. I have a cel board, but the surface is smaller than I want.

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 6

If you need one that doesn't specialize in wired flowers and don't want to spend a lot of money, you might want to look at the Oneida 16" cutting board at Bed Bath and Beyond. It has a smooth surface and sells for $12.99. You could also use your 20% off coupon for even more savings.
LL

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 6

good idea Ren! Thanks! I might have to stop on my way home and get one of those- just to hold me off for a minute! I have a $5 coupon too!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 6

I use the celboard and I like it. I wish they had a much much bigger board though. I also use a marble slab pastry board to roll out some accents.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%