I have a standard chocolate mold with a violin. I put the melted chocolate in and put in the fridge for 10-20 minutes. Before I even touch the mold, the neck of the violin has snapped in half. The mold only has one 3 instruments and a bunch of tiny music notes, but I am only trying to mold the violin and notes.
This is the mold I have.
I don't know what I am doing wrong and I need to make a ton of these for my daughter's violin recital on Sunday.
Please help if you can. Thank you so much!
Not a choc expert, but I have found that if I put a choc mold in the fridge immediately, it almost always cracks. At least for the molds that have some depth to them. Let the choc set up and cool down for a few minutes before you put it in the fridge. It just may be cooling too quickly, if that is even possible.