Cool Little New Tool

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 6:14am by tron

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 18

Found a new tool on GSA that I love! Its just a water brush...stores a tablespoon or two of water in the handle and then you can squeeze it to wet the brush. Brush is very soft and flexible, not stiff or hard. AWESOME for attaching fondant decorations to cake! No more little bowl of water to knock over for me. haha.

Its a little thing, but I wish I had one a long time ago!

17 replies
BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 18

Light bulb moment!!

I wonder if the sponge tip brush thing from my daugher's aqua doodle toy would work for fondant?

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 18

What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing!!! icon_razz.gif

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Light bulb moment!!

I wonder if the sponge tip brush thing from my daugher's aqua doodle toy would work for fondant? "

probably, but somehow I don't think its food safe material.....

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 18

Love this tool! I use it almost every time I do a cake. It's super helpful as oppose to having a paint brush and bowl of water.
I actually got mine at Michael's in the scrapbooking section using a coupon so it was under $5.
KimAZ

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Love this tool! I use it almost every time I do a cake. It's super helpful as oppose to having a paint brush and bowl of water.
I actually got mine at Michael's in the scrapbooking section using a coupon so it was under $5.
KimAZ

Well I want one lol.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:36pm
post #7 of 18

I have had one for a long time....I thought everyone had one! icon_wink.gif

I love your new avitar Kitagrl!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 18

Someone here recommended the little bottle w/ the pad at the end that you dampen the backs of stamps with.

Kitagrl Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:39pm
post #9 of 18

I've never tried that but I would think a soft brush would be easier to just swipe the surface of a piece and stick on...

Gotta love those last minute purchases I add to my GSA order...I am always amazed how fast I can rack up the bill at that place. haha.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:43pm
post #10 of 18

Yes, the Aquadoodle brush works really well. I have used one for a long time (and I did buy a new one just for caking!). It is actually a sponge tip applicator.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:48pm
post #11 of 18

Which waterbrush are we talking about, this one http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19360&name=Waterbrush or the celcakes ones?

Kitagrl Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:50pm
post #12 of 18

I got the large tip celcakes one cuz it was cheaper.

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:56pm
post #13 of 18

I too have the one from Michael's in the scrapbooking section. Think it was $5 after coupon, I LOVE IT!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:

KimAZ

Got mine at Michael's as well. It cost $3.59 with my coupon. I just thought everyone had one of these. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:12pm
post #15 of 18

So I can look in the scrapbooking section at Michaels? Where abouts?

Kitagrl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:16am
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Quote:

KimAZ

Got mine at Michael's as well. It cost $3.59 with my coupon. I just thought everyone had one of these. icon_smile.gif

HEY! haha.

I don't scrapbook so I would have never dreamed of looking in the scrapbook section for a water pen. haha.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:08am
post #17 of 18

I don't scrapbook really either but you'd be surprised on all the cool stuff in that section. One of my cake friends had the pen and told me about it so I got mine at Michaels.

I've also gotten the non toxic chalk palette and some fun clear mats that are like impression mats in that section.

The water pen is near the chalks and other little gadgets.

KimAZ

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:14am
post #18 of 18

I have been thinking about getting one of these. Didn't know if it really worked....guess I know now!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%