So I Think I've Decided On Scal (Sure Cuts A Lot), But

Decorating By CWIL Updated 2 May 2010 , 12:29pm by CWIL

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 7

does anyone know where I can find it at the best price or where I might find a coupon? TIA!

6 replies
tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:21am
post #2 of 7

Price is pretty much the same everywhere - approx $75. Some websites will throw in a subscription for cutting files for that. Having said that - if you go to www.quillingpatch.com and click on 'SCAL for Cricut' on the right side of the website - Lisa often has coupon codes for a discount. Unfortunately the most recent one just expired Apr 12, but if you fill out her contact form at www.quillingpatch.com/about/ she will email you when the next one is available.

Even though Quilling Patch is actually a scrapbooking site - Lisa has lots of good stuff and info for Cricut and SCAL.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 7

I am so lost on the whole cricut SCAL conversation LOL... Is SCAL to use with the cricut ?

CWIL Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks Tiger!

LuvLyrics, SCAL - Sure Cuts A Lot - is a software program that you can use with the cricut. It enables you to either draw your own designs or lots of people have cool ones that they've done on the net for free so that you don't have to buy cartridges.

LuvLyrics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuvLyrics Posted 2 May 2010 , 1:36am
post #5 of 7

Thanks CWIL .. another question.. Will it work with the new Cricut ?

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:56am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLyrics

Thanks CWIL .. another question.. Will it work with the new ?

I'm still waiting on my Cake Cricut so I haven't tried it, but one of the CC members PM'd me and told me when SCAL asks for the machine type and version you enter "expression" and you want to use "firmware version 2.3" (when using SCAL you get a window when you cut that asks for this information).

I was pleased when she told me this as I use SCAL extensively for custom graphics. It's not a very powerful program but it gets the job done and is simple to learn IMO.

CWIL Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, LuvLyrics it will work with the new Cake. I saw a demo last weekend and this weekend. The lady last weekend was using SCAL. Thanks for the info snowshoe. I can't wait to get my cricut!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%