Wilton Paste Colors Jumping Out Of Jar?? Help

Decorating By dreamacres Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 6:21am by prterrell

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:17am
post #1 of 9

PLEASE tell me someone else has had this problem. When I store my Wilton paste colors hanging by the lids in the Wilton toolbox, they somehow seem to leak out the top. I am so perplex by this and tired of cleaning up the mess. Anyone have a suggestion as to why, how, or do I need to seek a different kinda of professional help. LOL ( No they are not being tilted, lids are tight, and nothing spilled on them. ) Yikes.

8 replies
Kell0006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kell0006 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 9

Mine were doing that too. I tried everything. I had to quit storing them in the toolbox and started switching to the Americolors in the flip top bottles just to avoid mystery screw on lid leakage.

caraleecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caraleecupcake Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:35am
post #3 of 9

i totally have this problem with the wilton colors!! i get so mad because another color will leak a little onto another bottle, get on my hands, and then i get that other color on the fondant too. sooo annoying!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:57am
post #4 of 9

Yep...annoying. That is why I am slowly switching to Americolor too. They are much cleaner to use and actually brighter and better colors.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:23am
post #5 of 9

Yep, switch to Americolor!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:37am
post #6 of 9

Wow - never had that problem. Could it at all be temperature related or something? I don't store them hanging by their lids - just in a tupperware box - but I wouldn't think that would matter.

azenner210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azenner210 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:38am
post #7 of 9

i had the same problem. i haven't switched to americolor yet but i've started storing my wilton colors in the fridge instead.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:50pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much. Canceling my therapist appointment and switching to American.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:21am
post #9 of 9

Yes, Wilton colors have always done this. Switch to Americolor and you'll never have leaking colors again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%