How Can I Make Marble Cake Using A Cake Mix?

Baking By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 9:11pm by The_Sugar_Fairy

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 10

Hello
I'm trying to find marble cake mix in my area and no one seems to have it right now. Can I use a vanilla cake mix and mix in some cocoa in some of it then swirl it?
Thanks!

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 10

I have had the same issue so what I do is make a white mix or golden/yellow and then take out a cup or so of batter and mix in Hersheys chocolate syrup like the kind you mix in milk or pour over ice cream to make it chocolatety.Works everytime.I have tried the cocoa but found it to be bitter.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 10

Does anyone know if this will work okay?

Addie2580 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addie2580 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 10

Hi
I've done that several times and had no problems with it. Good luck and HTH icon_smile.gif

hluterbach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hluterbach Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 10

i am not sure about that herseys idea. sounds weird especially since i always thought marble cake was just a mix of yellow and choc cake. the only way i have ever done it is to make a yellow cake mix and a chocolate and just swirl them together in the pan so that it is mixed together a little. i usually pour a cup or so of the yellow in one spot and then a cup or so of the choc on top of that or in another spot and just keep doing that. i don't actually mix them with a spoon or anything. comes out just like a regular marble cake.
heidi

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 10

Ditto hluterbach. I just swirl together yellow cake mix and chocolate cake mix for my marbles. But you can also do white and chocolate, white and strawberry...well you get the idea.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks so much guys! Well, I've tried the cocoa idea (taking out a cup and adding cocoa to it then swirling in with a knife). It's in the oven - I'll let you know how it turns out. I would've used the 1 cake mix of vanilla and 1 cake mix of chocolate idea, but I'm only making an 8" right now and don't want to waste two boxes. I wonder why I can't find the Betty Crocker Supermoist Marble anywhere. Does anyone know if they've discontinued it?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 10

no..they are not discontinued but most stores don't carry them.I can get them here but not at every store.

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 10

I can get that cake box in KY but I know that Kiddie cakes is correct in saying certain cakes sell in one area and not the other.
For instance, red velvet is a southern cake and a lot of northern bakers have not heard of it and it is not sold on the shelves of theirs stores etc.
There are a lot of flavours out there and it is all by region.

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 10

It turned out great! I never thought of swirling other flavours too, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%