Where Is All The Duncan Hines White Cake Mix?

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 23 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm by ninatat

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 21

I have been to 2 walmarts, meijer, and 2 krogers. Not a box in any store. Is there a manufacturing problem with the white?

20 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 21

its not just white, i can't find butter either. I have been to 2 walmarts and 3 grocery stores.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 21

I am thinking it is just that it is wedding cake season and everyone is stocking up! I call ahead and ask that a case be set aside with my name on it.

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 21

I know that wal-mart is cutting back on the # of products they sell. I have to drive 40 miles to the one wal-mart that carries my Pillsbury white ones. The smaller super centers only carry one, maybe two choices for white mixes around here, same thing with chocolate and strawberry. as I said earlier, I guess they are cutting back on stocking, which sucks, because now I have to drive 80 miles round trip to get what I need.

ttehan4 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #5 of 21

Well, hubby found 11 boxes of white at another Walmart he stopped at today. I guess I am gonna have to be on the hunt. May is crazy cake month for me and I need that white. I think I will see if walmart or meijers can order 3 or 4 cases for me. Krogers Duncan H is 1.69 a box - thats just nuts. I usually buy about a 100 boxes when its on sale but I am out and no one has had a sale icon_sad.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:43am
post #6 of 21

Wow, same thing with my Walmart-No White DH! I got some Betty Crocker instead and I really liked it.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:56am
post #7 of 21

I'll have to check the next time that I am at the store. Don't need it until the end of May but don't want to take a chance. Last time Kroger's had it on sale for $1.00, it was on the bottom shelf and I had to get down on my hands and knees to reach it all the way in the back. Hope no one saw me - because it wasn't a pretty picture!!

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:04am
post #8 of 21

In the last month I have gotten a case of DH white for $.98 cents each at Meijers and a case at Krogers when they had a 10 for $10 sale. I'm good for a while since I only do this for friends and family. I guess I will look around and see whats happening in the stores lately. I hope you gals find some 'cause I haven't been too successful using anything else!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:06am
post #9 of 21

I have had the same problem at the Walmarts here! To stock up I have to go to all them!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:21am
post #10 of 21

ask to speak to walmart's grocery manager (who will probably direct you to the manager in charge of cake mixes) and have them order 2 or 3 cases for you. I did this all the time for things that I needed (i.e.Dream Whip!). they are happy to do it for you. most things come in on their truck on just 2-3 days. (Dream Whip has a longer lead time, though.)

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:24am
post #11 of 21

they are in my pantry lol, i have found some 4 for 5 in the sac and save type stores french vanilla is hard to find but i think it's one of the best one's

ttehan4 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #12 of 21

Our Meijer and Kroger hasnt had the sale in about 3 or 4 months. icon_sad.gif I always see tons of the French Vanilla, but Ive never tried it. Ive got a couple boxes I may just have to whip one up for poker night this week.

ninatat Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:28pm
post #13 of 21

you won't be dissapointed sp da, i have a hard time finding that flavor, one i don't like is the devil's food mix, and it's the super deluxe.

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:55pm
post #14 of 21

Try the Dollar General store that has groceries also. I found a good sale there recently.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:16pm
post #15 of 21

Blame us over here in Australia -

It is the only White Cake Mix available to us - No Australian Company makes it
Thus, USA Foods are bringing it in by the boat load for us.
lollllllllllllllllllllll

Mind you, we are having to pay $5.00 per box for it - then freight

For 3 boxes plus frieght from one side of Australia to the other, it cost me

15.00 = cake mix
14.00 = freight

29.00 total.

We read so much about it - that we just have to buy and try - icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Bluehue.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #16 of 21

oh my i can't even imagine paying $29.00 for 3 box's of DH white cake mix. I am so sorry. That is insane!!! 3 boxes would run me $3.51 tops...and that is including tax. In the US Walmart in my area carries it for $1.16 and sometimes on sale for $0.97. Dern....i wish yall could get it cheaper somehow.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 3:52pm
post #17 of 21

I haven't had any trouble finding DH white cake mix but my local Wal-Mart hasn't had any Pillsbury white or chocolate in over a month.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:02pm
post #18 of 21

I have found a lot of lemon and orange and confetti cake mixes but white and chocolate have been scarce around here too.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 8:38pm
post #19 of 21

Must just be regional or something because I rarely have trouble finding them here. I was just in Walmart and Food Lion and both of them had plenty of all flavors.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #20 of 21

These comments put me in a minor panic, but our Walmart was fine - even cheaper. Last time I bought Duncan Hines at Walmart, they were $1.16. Tonight, they were 98 cents.

ninatat Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #21 of 21

wow if i had to pay that much i'd find a really good recipe on here for cake's

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%