Where Do I Find This Rolling Pin?!?!?!?!

Decorating By chefLinds Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 2:13am by oceanslayer

chefLinds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefLinds Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 6

I am desperately searching for the rolling pin that makes this pattern. I have googled everything from textured rolling pin to acrylic rolling pin to quilted rolling pin to diamond rolling pin and I can't find anything that really looks like it's the same. Help!!!!

I thought that maybe it was custom at first, but since more than one decorator on different sides of the country have the same look I'm thinking it's not custom.

5 replies
joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think a rolling pin made that pattern. It was probably an impression mat. You can get them from global sugar art.

sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 6

There's too much scrolling down to do on the previous link and you may not find it... this is a more direct link http://www.pastrychef.com/DIAMOND-ROLLING-PIN_p_993.html


Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:49am
post #5 of 6

You might try a lefsa rolling pin. It will make a pattern like that.

oceanslayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanslayer Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:13am
post #6 of 6

I think this is the impression mat that they used, or something similar. It's closest to the basketweave design. I ordered it for the brick design but also used the wood design to make a gumpaste fence for a wedding cake I'm doing. You just lay it on top of your fondant and roll it out. http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_CD2620

Quote by @%username% on %date%