How Do You Track Who Visits Your Website?

Decorating By dailey Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 4:53pm by dailey

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:31am
post #1 of 11

i know there is a way to track who visits your website but i don't know how to do it. can someone help? thanks!

10 replies
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 4:48am
post #2 of 11

google analytics is awesome (and free)!

http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html

You can see a lot of handy information like how many visitors you got in any time frame, how they linked to your site, how long they viewed your content, what keywords they used in a search engine that your site got a hit on, etc.

Here's a screenshot of my google analytics from yesterday. My blog had 36 visitors, 29 were unique. Here is the "traffic" info:

Image[/list]

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 11:48am
post #3 of 11

Google is awesome, you should also be able to go to wherever you host your website and do it as well.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Google is awesome, you should also be able to go to wherever you host your website and do it as well.

Yes, you should be able to log into your site management/control panel and have all of that information available to you.

dailey Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 11

Godaddy hosts my site and i have Microsoft frontpage. i just took a look a my controls but i'm not really sure what i'm looking for? any ideas? thanks again!!

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 11

I use sitemeter(also free). I've never used Google Analytics before but from what is posted her it looks about the same.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 11

I use freewebs and under site manager there is a site stats button.When I click on there it gives me all the info.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 11

I use tigertech. It gives all external links and it give me ALL the information I needed.

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 1:21am
post #9 of 11

I use Statcounter. Www.statcounter.com. Not sure how it compares to google, but I can view almost anything I need to know! Just go to their website and follow their instructions for adding the code to your blog/website. I am very happy with it!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 11 Apr 2010 , 3:20am
post #10 of 11

Do any of those give you the IP address of people visiting your site? I think I have some ex coworkers spying on me....lol. Id like to find out. icon_smile.gif

dailey Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 4:53pm
post #11 of 11

hey, thanks everyone! gonna go check them out : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%