My New Baby

Decorating By kizrash Updated 8 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm by kizrash

kizrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kizrash Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 1:24pm
post #1 of 16

How cute is this mold, I've just finished making my first 'baby' using the first impressions baby mold. I love it, what do you all think of my first, honest opinions please so I'll know if I've gone wrong anywhere. TIA icon_smile.gif
LL

15 replies
Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 16

Adorable! I love the color too. I've not done molds before, but I think it looks amazing. Good Job!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 16

Very nice!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 16

Looks like you enjoy makin' babies! This one turned out great!

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 16

I guess since I'm done having babies, and my kids aren't ready to give me grandkids, I'm gonna have to try this route. I love this, you did a great job!!!!!

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 16

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif If you had put it on a soft surface, I would have thought it was a real baby!!!

LateBloomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 16

So cute, I just love the colouring. Well done.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 16

GREAT JOB! wish i had the guts to try that, maybe someday i will

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 6:01pm
post #9 of 16

I bought this mold and will be using it in May. Can you share how you got the flesh tone? TIA

kizrash Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:07pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

I bought this mold and will be using it in May. Can you share how you got the flesh tone? TIA

The skin tone colour I have in a wilton Dora the explorer box set of colours. I don't know if you can buy it separately. HTH

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 16

So cute!! Hard to believe that was your first try!

For flesh tone, I just read that you can make marshmellow fondant from the pastel mini marshmellows....when they melt together, it becomes flesh color! Then you could add your tylose or gum tex from there to get gumpaste for the mold.

kizrash Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

So cute!! Hard to believe that was your first try!

For flesh tone, I just read that you can make marshmellow fondant from the pastel mini marshmellows....when they melt together, it becomes flesh color! Then you could add your tylose or gum tex from there to get gumpaste for the mold.

That would be real handy if it works thanks for the tip, and thank you everyone for all the nice comments. Don't we just love it when our babies get admired. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:50pm
post #13 of 16

Awe! It's just PERFECT! Adorable! icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #14 of 16

I have this mold too & used it a couple of times, I use Wiltons Copper food coloring to get fleshtone, it is perfect, you can make it light or a deeper tone.

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 10:16pm
post #15 of 16

I love the babies made using this mould, i really really want one!! still trying to get my hands on one in the uk! icon_cry.gif you have done a wonderful job! he/she is perfect!

kizrash Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by katies_cakes

I love the babies made using this mould, i really really want one!! still trying to get my hands on one in the uk! icon_cry.gif you have done a wonderful job! he/she is perfect!

I decided its a she, I've got 4 sons and time I had a daughter. She was the easiest baby to make and never hurt a bit. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Mind you my DH is a bit upset that I produced such a gorgeous little girl all on my own. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%