I Think I'm Done

Business By karateka Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm by heavenlys

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 12:33pm
post #31 of 35

I would suggest Cakes Across America. They are actually a customer of mine who have a great concept. Basically, it is the FTD of cakes. But what that means for the baker who joins is that when cakes across america calls, it is with an order, not with a lead. So though it costs to join, you get sales, not maybes. It is an awesome company, I have worked with them for many years and everyone I refer to them does very well and never regrets it but gives it high praises.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #32 of 35

Have you considered offering the budget cakes for brides? I remember that one long thread on here that talked about selling basic cakes with only the choice of color and flavor at a flat rate for weddings. Not telling you to be the "cheap" cake lady, just thinking if it was an option, it might help your business.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #33 of 35

icingimages, I had thought about them....do they pay you when they are supposed to? I thought I'd seen a few posts on here complaining about them...or am I confused?

I had considered the budget cakes.....still haven't quite figured out the logistics, but it is in the idea "box".

Feeling better today, thanks to all of you. My DH also reminded me that I don't have a mortgage and should just relax a bit. So I'm gonna try that and see how it works out. Worse comes to worse, I have more time to work on a show cake, right?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm
post #34 of 35

icingimages, you just haven't been burned by CAA - yet. You will be. They still owe me for cakes I made and delivered last August. I won't take any more orders from them. I'm not the only one.

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm
post #35 of 35

I agree with the idea of a business consultant. Our local chamber brings one on every year and the have a big class and offer seceral private consults for cheap! I do it every time. they come in with fresh eyes and see things that you are too close to see.

This may not be something available to you but find a business mentor near you that could do this for you. And maybe you for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%