Selling At Markets

Business By cakelass Updated 4 Apr 2010 , 9:05am by cakelass

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:40am
post #1 of 4

I am interested in placing my cookies and cupcakes in a market. I have never done this before and would really appreciate some advice or suggestions from other market sellers regarding what to sell, how to display etc. TIA

3 replies
cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 1:59am
post #2 of 4

Hey Cakeless,
I have also thought about doing this just make a few cakes and some cup cakes and see what happends. But iam not sure if you have to be legal to do that or not?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 6:55am
post #3 of 4

Cakelass: Sorry I don't have any ideas on what you can offer specificaly. Just curious, have you been to the market that you want to go to? Are there other vendors there right now that have baked goods? If there are, is there anything they are not selling that you can offer? (less competition this way)

Cupandcake81: First place to start is contacting your local market and your local health department.

Just within a 3 county area around me the rules and regulations are sooooo different market to market. Some require you be licensed, some don't. Some you have to have full nutrition labels, some you don't. Some require a commitment for the season, some you can show up whenever you want.

Sorry I can't be more help, but just looking into it in a 30-40 mile radius around me has yielded SO many different answers not sure there is going to be one good one.

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 9:05am
post #4 of 4

Hi Leily,
Thank you for your reply.
This is a new market and everything is upplied including insurance.
I do not know how many people are going to be selling cupcakes and cookies.
It is a casual stall.
As far as labelling I have not been told I have to do this.
That's all I have.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%