Help! Sugar Cookies Too Soft!

Baking By Babygrlny Updated 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32am by Babygrlny

Babygrlny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygrlny Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 3

I have an order that is due tomorrow. Last night I iced them with royal icing and stored them in an air tight container (which I never do) and today they are too moist. Normally i let them dry in a container with a loose lid until the icing is dry and they come out great. I don't know why I closed the lid last night but I did. If I leave them out on a drying rack will they harden or did I completely ruin them? I know I could put them in the oven if they weren't iced already but that's not going to work now. Ahhh!

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #2 of 3

I'm confused....is it the cookie that is too soft, or the icing? icon_confused.gif

If it's the icing you're worried about it needs to dry in the air, not closed up in a container. Just leave them out tonight and they'll be fine. Staleness isn't an issue after a day or two, it's not a cake.

Babygrlny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babygrlny Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 3:32am
post #3 of 3

No the icing is OK, it's the cookies. I think since the I put the top on the container while the icing was still wet that the moisture from the icing (which was thinned out) soften the cookies. Now I don't know how to get the cookies to harden back up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%