How Do I Attach Ribbon To Fondant

Decorating By bensmama18 Updated 6 Apr 2010 , 3:18pm by bensmama18

bensmama18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bensmama18 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 10

I need to put satin ribbon on a fondant cake... how do i attach it without it coming off or showing though.. please help need to make cake today icon_cry.gif

9 replies
Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 10

What I have done is brush the cake lightly with piping gel and attach your bow. It works really well...remember a little goes a long way...that stuff is some good kind of glue!!

mimi444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi444 Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 10

I would use a small flat head pin.

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:32am
post #4 of 10

I always use royal or piping gel....be careful if using a pin...it would suck if someone was accidentally served it icon_sad.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 12:55am
post #5 of 10

I would never suggest using a pin! I always use a dab of royal where the ends meet.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:40am
post #6 of 10

Hi, I use double sided sticky tape. Take one end of the ribbon and hold it on to the cake with a pin. Then take a small piece of the tape and stick it on to that end of the ribbon. Then take the ribbon around the cake and stick it on the tape. Take the pin off and cut the excess ribbon off. Hope it make sence. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:55am
post #7 of 10

Overlap both ends of a ribbon and use double sided tape at the back (tape doesn't touch the cake).

bensmama18 Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #8 of 10

thank you alll soooo much.. think i am going to try the piping gel icon_smile.gifthanks to everyone for your help

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #9 of 10

won't the piping gel discolor the ribbon it's satin, and has the crisco in the fondant in it, unless it's color fast ribbon, what if she put saran wrap, or wax paper behind it with the double back tape to connect the two togeather and pull the ribbon snug enough and hold with royal icing, ohh geezzzz i just saw the date on this post.lol

bensmama18 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 3:18pm
post #10 of 10

the piping gel went through a little..and i only but a tiny bit icon_sad.gif i am going to try the tape next time... or try to only put thr piping gel at the ends

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%