Anyone Who Orders Cupcake Boxes From Brp Box Shop?

Baking By kileyscakes Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm by love2makecakes

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 17

I was wondering if two 12 count holders will fit into the 24 count box. That way I would only have to order the 24 count box and then 12 count box and the 12 count liners. Anyone tried this or know of a really great way to trasport 240 cupcakes?
Thanks
Kiley

16 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Apr 2010 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 17

I haven't ordered these from BRP yet, but i would suggest calling or sending an email to them. They are very helpful and should be able to get you the dimensions of the inserts and let you know. I have had some other random questions for them over the last couple years of their products and they are always prompt and helpful.

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 2 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 17

I don't think they will. I use both the 12 count and the 24 count inserts. Hmm, I should check that when I get home tonight though. I would have thought I already did though.

While on the subject of BRP box shop cupcake liners.....am I the only one that has trouble with the cupcakes falling below the inserts? My cupcakes are as full as they are supposed to be, but every so often I have trouble with them shifting. Wondered if I was the only one???

kileyscakes Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 3:37am
post #4 of 17

Gosh I hope I don't have that problem, I will be really disappointed! and that will be a lot of money down the drain!!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:07am
post #5 of 17

I like BRPBOXSHOP. I've only tried the individual standard cuppie boxes with inserts, the thin mini inserts and boxes, and the regular mini inserts and boxes. I only had the problem of shifting when I used the regular mini inserts opposed to the thin mini insert because I make my mini cuppies smaller than the average mini. Its just a matter of preference to use smaller mini cuppie liners.

I just placed an order today for the thin mini inserts, 12 cuppie standard inserts, and boxes. I don't think there will be a problem with shifting for the standard cuppies if they fit anything like the individual standard inserts because I've never had that problem with them.

CakesGoneSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesGoneSweet Posted 3 Apr 2010 , 4:28am
post #6 of 17

For transporting that many cupcakes...take a sheet of styrofoam and cut it to fit the boxes (I have also used large sheet cake pans). Put toothpicks in the foam and place the cupcake on the toothpicks. Nothing moves and the cupcakes pop right off!

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 2:30am
post #7 of 17

I have ordered from brp. Very good products. I think I got samples of at least half of their products when trying to figure out what boxes I needed for my business. The laminated chipboard cakepads are my favorite product.

Anyways from experience buying the cupcake holder inserts for me was a waste of time and money. Takes longer to get the boxes together,cost more money, and uses up more boxes. Instead I have full sheet cake boxes with the lids. I put down a full sheet of parchment paper. Line the cupcakes in the box like normal. Side by side, no spaces. If there is any space left in the box I take some deli sheets, make a lil ball and put it in the extra space. The cupcakes do not shift around. You can fit so many more cupcakes in the boxes this way and save some money on buying the inserts. This in turn will make it easier on you or your client to transport.

Another thing I do to save money is that I have different sized cake boxes for all of my products. Everything I sell needs to fit in the same type of boxes. For example I can fit an 8" cake, or 1dz cupcakes, or 2doz mini cupcakes, or 3dz wrapped cookies in a 10" box. Trying to buy specialty boxes for each product can get expensive.

Hope this helps!

evie114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evie114 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 3:00am
post #8 of 17

What a great idea with the stryofoam and toothpicks! I love CakeCentral! I often transport alot of cupcakes for church fundraisers and this is always a dilmena for me. What a great idea!!

cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:15am
post #9 of 17

Two one dozen inserts don't fit in the two dozen box. I tried in a moment of desperation with no luck, they're a little too big.

For transporting large quantities of cupcakes we actually use the plastic clamshell containers and found some handled carryout bags that will hold 4 containers in each. We've transported up to 3000 cupcakes this way. The cupcakes don't move at all once the containers get put in the bags and 4 dozen cupcakes only take up a 14 x 10" footprint.

DivinelyDelicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DivinelyDelicious Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 17

I love this idea! But where do you get the stryofoam? Michael's?

Lita829 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:31pm
post #11 of 17

I received the boxes from www.brpboxshop.com and they all fit my cuppies great....no tilting or anything.

kileyscakes Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 2:34pm
post #12 of 17

I got mine and my cupcakes fit fine too! I will be getting more from them in the future!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:00pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesGoneSweet

For transporting that many cupcakes...take a sheet of styrofoam and cut it to fit the boxes (I have also used large sheet cake pans). Put toothpicks in the foam and place the cupcake on the toothpicks. Nothing moves and the cupcakes pop right off!

This is a great idea!

Marinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marinette Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 5:28pm
post #14 of 17
Lita829 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinette

I found this other web... http://www.plasticcontainercity.com/Cupcake-Containers-Muffins.htm

I've also used PCC for individual cuppie cups but I found that I need a box opposed to the plastic containers because I found that the cuppies did move around a bit inside the containers. I do like everything else I ordered from from PCC, though. They have mini pie plates, cuppie liners, and tons of other neat things that I've used and liked.

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:29am
post #16 of 17

Is this the best place to order bulk cupcake boxes and inserts?? I use them now b/c of the free shipping but I really haven't found another place like them. Any others??

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:07pm
post #17 of 17

I originally bought my 24 cuppie inserts from brp for a wedding that i needed to transport 300 cupcakes for. i used regular half sheet cake boxes that i already had to fit the inserts in. worked great! i had tons of inserts left over and have been using them since. i have minimum orders on cupcakes at 24 so that i only need to use the inserts i have and half sheet cake boxes that i use (not from brp), i have used those inserts in 2 seperate brands of boxes niether of which was from brp and they still work great! the only time i have had any problem with the top of the cupcake coming close to the ring of the insert is when the box i was using soaked up grease and warped on the bottom. i now use thick cardboard 2 piece boxes. love the inserts! i love that brp has free shipping! a lot of other supplies charge more for shipping heavy or large items such as broken down boxes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%