Dripping/running Icing Look?

Decorating By erinmedina Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm by Kiddiekakes

erinmedina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinmedina Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 2

Hello i was wondering if anyone had any tips on achieving the look of dripping/running icing on a wedding cake? i have an order and the gal wants the frosting red chocolate icing that appears to be running over/down the sides of the cakes. It is a halloween wedding and they are definetly going with the blood/creepy/halloween theme! just need some advice if anyone has any for me. I've added a picture she sent that she is wanting. Hopefully it works!

1 reply
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 2

It looks like chocolate ganache but I have also seen people use piping gel too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%