I Am In Cricut Hell!!!

Decorating By AKS Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 2:07am by tiggy2

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 12

Modeling chocolate dragging-rolled it out thinner-still dragging and ragged cuts!! UGGHHH. I went through all the posts again and I am ready to kill my cricut. In the words of an Eddie Murphy character from SNL back in the day: K-I-L-L my cricut! Kill my cricut!

11 replies
blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 12

It's probably your blade. I just got a Cricut Expressions a few weeks ago, but haven't had time to play with it. From my many months of research before I got it, your problem sound like either your blade is dull or is not in the housing properly. HTH for now. Hopefully someone with more expertise will comment.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 12

Are oyu using the deep cut blade or the regular one? What settings are you using?

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 12

You can also adjust the depth of the blade and the speed of the blade.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 12

Did you clean the blade?

AKS Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 12

OK-Yes to the deep housing blade, and it seems like it's in properly. I cleaned the blade after each cut. It's a brand new blade, so it's not too dull-it was cutting the same way from 1st to last cut. Using blade 6 pressure med, speed slow.

TobiasWilhelm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TobiasWilhelm Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 12

Can you post or email pics of the cuts? A whole lot easier to diagnose when you're looking at it.

I'm also PMing you our phone numbers.

Tobias

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:36pm
post #8 of 12

As per the demo I saw in this past AC Cake Show... The Cricut can only be used with gumpaste... but the new one coming out the Cricut for Cakes in May 1st... with that one you can use gumpaste, fondant, chocolate, pastillage, sugar veil, etc.... again this is what Jrennifer & Tobias stated... they are going all over USA as reps for the Cricut Cake doinbg the demos for the upcoming launch...

hth

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:41pm
post #9 of 12

Several members here have had great success using the Cricut Expression with modeling chocolate, 50/50, etc., so "only gum paste" isn't accurate.

I'd suggest PMing member jenniferatwood or tobiaswilhelm. They're testing the CE and the CCake side by side, so they should be able to help.

You can read their results here:

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php

HTH
Rae

AKS Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 1:46am
post #10 of 12

Thanks so much, guys. Tobias was kind enough to offer help. Unfortunately I didn't take pics to send him. I'll have to try it again and take some. I'm also going to try with Atwood's gum paste recipe.

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:02am
post #11 of 12

In addition to cleaning the blade, try a thin layer of crisco on it. The crisco helped me out.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:07am
post #12 of 12

Howq thin are yu rolling it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%