Cake Size

Decorating By tranqlty Updated 28 Mar 2010 , 3:29pm by tranqlty

tranqlty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tranqlty Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 8

someone sent me this picture, requesting a similiar cake to this. Would someone be willing to help me out and tell me the size of the two cakes please?

http://www.tarascakes.com/a-lexi_blocks.JPG

7 replies
robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 8

Hm, I'm not sure what those sizes would be as there's not much to compare it to in the photo. But you should be able to make this cake in any size you like, just depending on how many servings are needed and what the budget is.

Super cute though, if you make it, I'd love to see photos!

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 8

I agree, you can make it any size. Just make sure the diagonal measurement is smaller than the cake below it so you don't have overhanging corners. How many servings are needed?

tranqlty Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

thanks for the input...she is said she needs 100 servings but I'm thinking this actual cake is more then 100...to get the bottom big enough to sit the small cake and the blocks on it...I'm thinking the bottom is 14in square but I could be wrong...I'm not sure what her budget it is but she is firm on the 100 serving covered in fondont.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 8

For 98 servings you could do the blocks as 2" cubes, the top cake as a 6" and the bottom as a 12".

A 12" cake on the bottom should be able to handle the 6" and all the 2" ones just fine.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 8

icon_confused.gif You should probably find out her budget. Maybe she thinks you're going to make that cake for $50??

tranqlty Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 8

Mug a Bug your probably right about thinking this cake can be made for $50...she is so adamant about THIS cake...I'm sending her a quote and we shall see what she says...[probably your typical response I hear all the time] THATS TOO EXPENSIVE...oh well that's an entirely different post and we won't go there icon_biggrin.gif

tranqlty Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:29pm
post #8 of 8

leily thanks for your help...that really helps me out icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%