Need To Buy Airbrush Compressor And Don't Know Which One

Decorating By mbl11374 Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 8:32pm by tiggy2

mbl11374 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbl11374 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 2

HI cakers!

I got a Paasche TG talon airbrush gun recently and don't know what kind of compressor to buy. I have only used an airbrush gun once, but very excited to get started with mine!! This one says it is a gravity feed internal mix double action airbrush. Shoud I go with a compressor that does lower pressures better or higher pressures?

I am looking to do a lot of work adding shimmer to cakes, fine details, coloring fondant staked cakes, maybe an occastional kids cake.

if you have specific model numbers you know of that are good for my gun and this kind of work please share!!

Thanks for any help!!

1 reply
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 2

The max PSI you will need is around 30 and most of the time less. As long as you get one with a pressure guage on it you can regulate the PSI to where ever you need it. You should also look for one with a moisture trap on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%