Cricut Questions

Decorating By weirkd Updated 30 Mar 2010 , 5:06pm by tarheelgirl

Couturecupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Couturecupcakes Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:05pm
post #31 of 36

I have a feeling that HSN will be having the Cricut Cake soon.

sgraff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgraff Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:29pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy383

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelgirl

I'm a little confused also. I remember reading on CC that the new Cake Cricut parts are not interchangeable with the Expression. icon_confused.gif Regardless, I will start with the Expression myself and it will ONLY be used for cake. thumbs_up.gif

I went to a Cricut Cake presentation at the Baking Expo in NJ last weekend. It is my understanding that the blades are not interchangeable between machines. What I mean Is that you can't use the blade from the Expressions on the Cake. Cartridges you can use the same on both machines. icon_smile.gif

You can use the deep cut housing and blade from the Expression in the cake. You can't use the cake blade in the Expression. See this blog where the Cake and Expression are compared side by side:

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:29pm
post #33 of 36

CC member JenniferAtwod has a blog comparing the Cake and Expression Models at http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com

She shows how the Cake blade's housing is different than the deep cut blade for the Expression, so no, you can't use the Cake blade on the Expression...

That said, she DID put the deep cut blade on the Cake and it cut paper just fine.

Also, I like that the Cake model doesn't get fondant/gumpaste stuck anywhere in it and the blade doesn't clog up as she reported the deep cut blade actually does clog quite a bit. That would drive me nuts! Well, even more so than usual icon_biggrin.gif

The comparisons are really informative and the results made me feel much happier with my purchase and relieved I didn't luck out on Black Friday, after all. Hope this helps someone.

ETA - 't - makes a difference!! Oops icon_surprised.gif

sandy5491 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy5491 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 4:05am
post #34 of 36

Hi Couturecupcakes, Yes HSN will have cricut cake will be on there April 14. They don't have any information about it until then. I called about it.
I just ordered my at www.scrappersmusthaves.com and put FreeShip50 for discount. It sells for 299.95 and thats the cheapest. I do scrapebooking to so I ordered the cricut expression.
thumbs_up.gif
Sandy5491

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:43am
post #35 of 36

WOW! Thanks for posting that Sandy! I was going to spend $269 at Walmart for the Expression bundle with 2 cartridges. Much rather spend just a little more to get the Cake Cricut. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 5:06pm
post #36 of 36

YAY! Just pre-ordered the Cricut Cake!! icon_biggrin.gif This to date is the most I've spent on ONE cake tool so it kind of makes me nauseated! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%