How To..

Baking By Charmed Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm by TracyLH

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 3

I have seen these beautiful royal iced cookies:[email protected]/4265377165/
and the round ball cookie is the one. It has a floral pattern on it which I can't figure out how it is done. I would appreciate if one of you talented cookie decorators can help me find out how it is done.

2 replies
afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 3

I think you pipe the white flower into the blue while the blue is still wet. I've heard this is the way to do it, but I haven't done it yet myself.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 3

Afunk has got it. That is called a wet-on-wet technique and the trick is to make certain that both colors of RI that you are using are the same consistency. Not too terribly thin will help prevent bleeding. Flood your background and then go in right away and pipe your design.

I do this with Antonia74's RI recipe and since I started using that, bleeding is not an issue as it was before. Have fun! It is a cool technique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%