What You Recommend Royal Icing Or Frozen Buttercream Trnasfe

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 6:09pm by JGMB

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 5

icon_smile.gif I need to make some Cartoon Characters . My 1st time. What would you recommend for me to use? Frozen Buttercream transfer or Royal Icing? I want to make the figure to stand on the side of the Cake.

thumbs_up.gif Thanks for looking and responding...

4 replies
kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 5

Definitely FBCT, I only use RI on cookies, and only if I have to........

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 5

I would use royal if you want them to stand. FBCT would require you to get them to stick to the side of the cake just right and I would think would be much harder.

Or - you could try a chocolate transfer:

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 5

You could also try a chocolate transfer.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 5

JMHO, but if it's your first time doing either of those, I'd go with the RI. I tried the FBCT once, and it didn't work at all, whereas my first time with the RI worked like a charm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%