A Completely Round Tier Ball Shaped Tier//support System?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 22 Mar 2010 , 2:21pm by cakegrandma

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 3

I have a couple of cakes coming up that have completely round ball shaped tiers (one of them is a round tier, then a normal tier, a round, then a normal) I assume I can bake these tiers in bowls...(the baseball and other wilton pans are too small) i was thinking of doing the goo old pole in the center, but have never done anything with the support flanges or whatever they are called you see on the challenges all the time. can anyone give me any information on these support systems? or the best way to stack completely ball shaped tiers?


2 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:12pm
post #2 of 3

Sounds just BEAUTIFUL, and I wish I could help more than just giving your post a bump !

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 3

I wonder if you could make a support plate or take a separator plate and cut a hole in it so it would sit supported on your main center support? You could put 4 screws under where it will sit onto the center pole and it should hold it firmly. Maybe this will give you an idea to run with, anyway, I hope it has helped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%