How Do I Monogram A Cake?

Decorating By cmccann43 Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 3:42am by prterrell

cmccann43 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmccann43 Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 2:26am
post #1 of 2

I am new to cake decorating and I have a wedding cake to do in May. The bride wants their monogram with scroll work on both sides. I have a mold for the scroll work, but what is the best way to make their initials? Are there molds for that and if so, where do I find them. I have looked on different websites but have not found any. I appreciate all your help!

1 reply
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 3:42am
post #2 of 2

I would find a script you/the bride likes, print the monogram out in that in reverse (you can reverse text in MSWord), and then do a royal icing transfer or a frozen buttercream transfer (depending on what the cake is covered in, royal on fondant, bc on bc).

Quote by @%username% on %date%