Has Anyone Else Ordered The New Cricut Cake Machine?

Decorating By Limpy Updated 24 Mar 2010 , 3:02am by glendaleAZ

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 10

And if you did,how long did it take for you to make the decision and where did you get your info from to help make up your mind?
I have never had a Cricut & so am doing a happy dance as the day that it arrives gets closer. Love some of the Cricut cakes in the gallery. Am also going to get some Sugarveil to use in it.

9 replies
Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone?

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 10

I ordered mine, its due in May. I decided to get it because if i every quit the cakes, i can change the blade and do the paper stuff with it. I have never owned one either, my sister has a expression and she loves it. She doesnt use it on cakes though. I ordered it at crop n cut. Got a good price on it for preordering.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 10

I've got the Expression. Won't be sinking any more $ into Cricut. You should get either MTC or SCAL, though.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 12:10am
post #5 of 10

I have ordered mine icon_biggrin.gif Sooooo happy.... I have a Silhouette and am getting good cuts with it, but the wonderful blog that Jennifer Atwood is doing convinced me to try the new Cake. The Cake is more food-friendly and can cut thicker material. I also just bought MTC - should help enormously with both cutters.

therese379 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
therese379 Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 10

limpy.. hello also from canada.. ontario... I've ordered mine about a month ago.. excited can't wait... still nervous about the price $$.. I hope it's as great as everyone say's... never had a cricut, hope it's easy to use..

cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 10

I'm in Canada too and my hubby found a great price on it so he ordered it for my B-Day!! (It's in May too so the timing works out nicely for the ship date) I can't wait now it's going to be the best birthday gift.

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 5:47pm
post #8 of 10

Leah_s what is MTC?

kensoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kensoven Posted 22 Mar 2010 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 10

As soon as I saw it, I wanted it, but then I started thinking how much use I would give to it. I tend to be over excited about a tool and when I finally have it I don't really use it. icon_redface.gif

I'm from Costa Rica, so when I decide to buy something have to think about the shipping too... thumbsdown.gif

I think I will wait longer, so the price will be lower and I won't feel as guilty if I buy it and I do not find a use for it hehehe. icon_lol.gif

Btw, I checked the cricut cakes here on CC and it makes you want one! thumbs_up.gif

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 24 Mar 2010 , 3:02am
post #10 of 10

I just ordered the Cricut Cake Machine about an hour ago from cut-n-crop. Eeek!

Ever since we started reading about what our fellow ccers were doing with the Expression Machine and cake, Ive wanted to get one, but I kept putting it off. Then about two months ago I heard about the Cricut Cake and said to myself thats why I waited, I was holding out for something better. The cake machine will be food save and easy to clean.

Cut-n-crop has a great deal on the Cricut Cake. I just spent $320.00 (that was the introduction sale price and cake discount coupon).

Luckily, I have two cake orders coming up that will allow me to really test the machine.

I cant wait. WooHoo!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%