Does Anyone Know....

Business By Cascades Updated 19 Mar 2010 , 11:49pm by Marci

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 2

Does anyone know if you have to have a seperate health department clearance for the following: I have a fully licensed kitchen on my property in CA. I want to open a store front/gallery where I can show my display cakes, meet my customers, and----here's the stciky point----have a place for customers to pick up their orders.

I hate to have to go through all the hassle of the health department when I am not baking or decorating on site.

Anybody out there do anything like this before?


1 reply
Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 2

I am not in CA and so I am not familiar with their particulars... But, since you do not make the food there my assumption would be that you do not have to get clearance.

I would think it would be the same as selling at a Farmer's Market or Holiday Show or whatnot. Although, you may have to have everything boxed up somehow to protect it from whatever is in the air. I would definitely check with them before they show up to shut you down.


Quote by @%username% on %date%