Has Anyone Ever Tried

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 21 Mar 2010 , 12:54pm by tenleysmommy

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 6

to use the silver paint (or any color) for the airbrush machine to color fondant??

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 6

I airbrush white fondant all the time, I hate kneading the colors into it!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 6

same here! I use air brush colors to brush the whole cake too.

In this photo here I used blue to airbrush the whole thing, and then I used Silver and the Pearl to airbrush the words on it.

I don't like mixing colors directly in the fondant, b/c I always seem to make way to much, or not enough.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1397586

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 19 Mar 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

May I ask you ladies, what made you take the leap to the airbrush machine? I still mix my colours and was recently looking into an airbrush machine.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:23pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikodobosh

May I ask you ladies, what made you take the leap to the airbrush machine? I still mix my colours and was recently looking into an airbrush machine.

The possibilities that it gives me. Coloring or shading a cake at once instead of trying to do the icing/fondant before it's on the cake. Using stencils (this is a big one for me b/c I use stencils and the airbrush on a lot of cookies I do too) And I use the pearl airbrush colors and go over the whole cake for a different effect that no one around here does, it's much easier then using the powdered luster dust for this effect.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 21 Mar 2010 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikodobosh

The possibilities that it gives me. Coloring or shading a cake at once instead of trying to do the icing/fondant before it's on the cake. Using stencils (this is a big one for me b/c I use stencils and the airbrush on a lot of cookies I do too) And I use the pearl airbrush colors and go over the whole cake for a different effect that no one around here does, it's much easier then using the powdered luster dust for this effect.

I agree,the possibilities are endless.And I love the americolor sheen airbrush colors for that pearl finish!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%