Anyone Remember Their First Wedding Cake?

Decorating By superdobbers Updated 23 Mar 2010 , 1:58pm by tamyarm

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 2:50am
post #31 of 35

hi by the look's of your cakes, i don't think you will have any problems, they are beautiful.

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:21pm
post #32 of 35

I love these stories. My first wedding cake was my brothers. It was a challange but came through in the end. Three tiered square cake, fondant covered with chocolate roses on it. I worked my but off on this one. We went to deliver the cake, about an hour away all through construction. Got to the venue and went to set up the cake. Crap we left the top tier at home. Now we have to travel back home get the rest of the cake and back to the venue in time for the wedding. We got back to the venue and the doors are locked. No one answers. Finally someone lets us in and I quickly put the top tier on the and place all the roses just as all the quest were arriving.

Overall not bad for my first cake. You can see it in my pics.

Now I'm working on my daughters wedding cake for APril 17th. 2 1/2 hours away. This one's going to be fun. Six satilite cakes with gumpaste roses. A cake stand, luggage, favors, and the wedding gown. God I hope I don't forget anything this trip.

dianab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianab Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 12:32pm
post #33 of 35

I'm right there with you superdobbers! I am making my first wedding cake for an April wedding!!! I am so NERVOUS! So glad yours turned out well!

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:21pm
post #34 of 35

I have my first wedding cake for 1st May. Lovely bride fortunately and I am really looking forward to it although it isn't the most challenging design but that is what she wanted so that's what she is getting. Can't wait only just over a month to go icon_biggrin.gif

tamyarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamyarm Posted 23 Mar 2010 , 1:58pm
post #35 of 35

My first wedding cake was my step-daughters. of course i can see every flaw, but she absolutely loved it and no one could believe that i did it. it was a white chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream icing. i'm a teacher so i took off the 2 days before the wedding and worked on it non stop. i didn't sleep the 1st night because i was nervous, but after i got it done i was pretty happy with it....now i'm making 3 more for friends and former student's (i'm a teacher)....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%