Help, On Hello Kitty

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #1 of 10

I'm doing a "Hello Kitty" cake but they wanted the facial part raised on the cake, in the middle..what's the best thing to do for this? Add cake in middle then decorate, but how to assemble? thanks!

9 replies
Kimberlyp123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimberlyp123 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:01am
post #2 of 10

Hi. When I made a Hello Kitty cake, I just didn't level the cake and the dome on the cake was the perfect protrusion on the face. I am a novice so someone more experienced may have a better idea. HTH!

Kimberly

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:23am
post #3 of 10

How about a frozen bc applique/transfer? It would be "raised" a bit from the surface of the cake.

CakeWelder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWelder Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:32am
post #4 of 10

I think the best way would be to layer a sheet cake, top layer is carved to likeness and the bottom is square. or the third layer could be the likeness and the bottom two are square. Here is one that I did for small party but something like this could just be put on top of a square sheet.
LL

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:39am
post #5 of 10

Im going to agree, to achieve a raised image on a cake , you cant go wrong with a frozen transfer

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #6 of 10

Do you have the soccer ball pan? Or the football pan would prob work even before for HKs face icon_biggrin.gif

jenscreativity Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:30am
post #7 of 10

hello everyone!

I do have a ball pan,,but wouldn't that be too high unless I carve down the bottome of it. I don't have time for the transfer as she ordered this and needs right away. I like the idea of the top cake being shaped out of hello kitty and place onto square cake,,but would the ball pan be easier? Thanks and loving the advices!

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 3:39am
post #8 of 10

You could carve the top part of the dome of the ball pan cake off and place it on top of the regular round cake and them kinda carve the top and bottom sides so you get the egg shape of her head.

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 2:18pm
post #9 of 10

that "hello kitty's" head is not spherical in shape. Her face does not protrude. Her head is more of an oval and her face is flat featured.

jenscreativity Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 10

I could just bake a 9" round cake, carve it out into Kitty's head shape, then carve some cake out of the bottom layered cake to fit the kitty's head to sit into cake so it's just sticking out some and not a whole cake. Does that sound like it would work? Thanks everyone always!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%