Snickers Nougat Filling

Baking By chaos_cakes Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 7:46pm by chaos_cakes

chaos_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaos_cakes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have a nougat-like filling recipe that resembles a Snickers bar nougat?

3 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 4

Hmm, well I think you could take some malted milk powder, add some hot water to dissolve it and mix it into your buttercream. That would be a similar taste to nougat.

Likim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Likim Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_cakes

Does anyone have a nougat-like filling recipe that resembles a Snickers bar nougat?

I found this online.

nougat

1 egg white
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon liquid glucose
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons water
2 ounces sliced, peeled almonds, toasted

Line the sides and base of a 4 by 6-inch baking pan with rice paper. Whisk the egg white in a heatproof bowl until stiff.

Combine the sugar, glucose, honey and water in a small saucepan. Stir over very low heat until the mixture reaches the small crack stage, or 275 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. While whisking, drizzle the syrup into the egg white and continue whisking until glossy and beginning to stiffen.

Stir in the almonds, and spread the mixture over the rice paper in the prepared pan, pressing it down well. Cover with another layer of rice paper, and place a light weight evenly over the top. Leave nougat until cold, and then cut into squares, wrap in waxed paper, and store in an airtight contain

chaos_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaos_cakes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you, both, Toptier and Likim. I appreciate the feedback. I think for it to be a spreadable filling the malted milk idea sounds the most feasable. Looking for nougat recipes online netted me the same type posted by Likim and I don't think that will work. I'll give the Malted Milk a try and let you know how it worked. We may be on to something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%