Doll Cake. . .how Does That Work?

Decorating By MammaG Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 3:34am by malene541

MammaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MammaG Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:59am
post #1 of 3

I'm making a princess and frog cake next week, and I'm thinking about doing the doll one. What kind of cake pan is that, and how do you do it?

2 replies
bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:16am
post #2 of 3

You can buy a special pan or just carve it out of a few layers. I just did one and used 2 8" and 2 6". I stacked them with buttercream filling, then pushed the barbie doll in (make sure cakes are completely cool). Then I just carved it down to a skirt. I did mine in all BC, but alot of people use fondant for the skirt. HTH!! Let me know if you need any more help!! Good Luckicon_smile.gif

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 3

Wilton has the actual doll pan. I have one but it was gave to me by my mother and it's at least 20 years old! It came with a couple dolls that don't have legs but have a spike from the waist down so you don't have to worry about the legs getting in the way.I think it would be just as easy to do what bakermom3107 said. And there would be a happier little girl knowing she will get to keep the doll!

Quote by @%username% on %date%