Help! Can I Put A Cake W/ Fondant Decorations In The Fridge?

Decorating By bibbles6598 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 7:26am by bibbles6598

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 4:52am
post #1 of 6

I am making a Harley Davidson cake and it will have fondant flames on the side. Can I put it in the fridge tonight? When it gets to room temp will it fall off or sweat or anything? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!

5 replies
Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 4:59am
post #2 of 6

i do all the time, but take into concederation i live in a dry climate. I can take a can of soda out of the fridge, and get no condincation. But i do know that most people don't do it. icon_confused.gif

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:04am
post #3 of 6

I have read that you should not put it in the fridge however I do it all the time and have not had a problem, hope that helps, have a great evening!!! icon_smile.gif

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:07am
post #4 of 6

I put my fondant cakes in the fridge all the time, and never have a problem..they do sweat a bit but as they warm up it disappears...I always have fillings in mine, so they have to be put in the fridge...I never thought about not doing it...I actually put everything in the fridge...fondant, gumpaste, royal icing...etc...good luck!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 5:30am
post #5 of 6

I do it all of the time too. There is condensation, just don't touch it until it comes to room temp, it will leave fingerprints

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 7:26am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate your feedback!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%