I Have To Brag On My Hubby And His Awesome Gumpaste Skills!

Decorating By JaeRodriguez Updated 26 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm by lecie

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:00am
post #31 of 59

Great job to both of you! You make a great team!!

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:03am
post #32 of 59

Thank you kathik! and BeckyBoo I totally thought that's what would happen with us! So cute though when they find an interest in things you love to do! It was cool to watch him figuring out and getting better with everything he made!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #33 of 59

Tell your DH that we will all be watching for more from him!!

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:14am
post #34 of 59

Those are amazing!!!!! I was looking at animal pics the other day thinking I'd love to try, but too scared to LOL.
He Rocked it!!!!!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:56am
post #35 of 59

Awesome!!

My Hubby decided to "help" me make this cake.. and he did the male figure and the bench.... I was shocked!!!!

Now he is my right hand.... he is a faster learner than me and he lovesss to bake (I favor crumb coating and decorating) he helps me with baking and making difficult figures... he is very very good... so we need to dedicate this thread to our hubbies! lol
LL

dalis4joe Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:57am
post #36 of 59

Awesome!!

My Hubby decided to "help" me make this cake.. and he did the male figure and the bench.... I was shocked!!!!

Now he is my right hand.... he is a faster learner than me and he lovesss to bake (I favor crumb coating and decorating) he helps me with baking and making difficult figures... he is very very good... so we need to dedicate this thread to our hubbies! lol
LL

dalis4joe Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:59am
post #37 of 59

the flamingo is adorable!!

JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:28pm
post #38 of 59

Thats amazing!

the flamingo was actually challenging trying to figure out a way to make its legs.

JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:39pm
post #39 of 59

dalis- that is amazing! (my hubby was the one commenting above me icon_razz.gif) We do need to dedicate this thread to our hubbies! Any other braggers want to join in! :] I love the details on his figure so cute!

superstar Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:17pm
post #40 of 59

dalis4joe, your DH did a wonderful job. Up to now my DH has only helped paint shells, make a cake stand (the one my shop bulding cake is on) make templates of maps & made a stand for drying loops or flowers on. I do think it is a good idea to dedicate this thread to husbands.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #41 of 59

Congrats to both hubby's on a job well done, and Jae Congrats on the New baby, maybe you should let him have a shot at that topsy turvy, and you may be surprise.

Cak3mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cak3mama Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 10:48pm
post #42 of 59

Wow !! Great job..I like the palm tree it is cute !!

JaeRodriguez Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 1:29am
post #43 of 59

Thank you so much Uniqueask! I agreed that we could try a topsy turvy together for my birthday! It's going to be fun, but he'll probably have to do it almost all by himself because I will only be about a week post-partum! icon_razz.gif He actually just said that he'd take the Wilton cake courses with me which is so exciting, I've been wanting to take them for so long! YAY! :]]

JaeRodriguez Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #44 of 59

Ok so sorry if you guys are getting tired of hearing how good I think my DH is doing :] I am just really amazed that he is picking up on this so fast, as I know how hard it is in general! But he made a little monkey to put on top of my son's smash cake and I think by far it's my favorite figure of the whole bunch, I like it better then mine! icon_razz.gif Here is the link to his CC pic of the monkey (the girl one). Did you notice I said his CC- I think I got him addicted! Everytime he is on his laptop now I see the CC screen up! Now we're both in trouble, haha! icon_wink.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1612310

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #45 of 59

OMG I'm so jealous...I wish I could get mine to do this stuff with me. Maybe if I made an Xbox cake..........or something with boobs icon_biggrin.gif

JaeRodriguez Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 4:48pm
post #46 of 59

haha! That's exactly what I thought too! He saw a Wii cake and a couple of Iphone cakes and he was amazed icon_razz.gif I think he never thought of cake as anything except one you get from the grocery store so he wasn't interested! Now everytime he's home he asks "what else can I make for the cake" And I'm thinking "if we make too much else we're going to have to have a bigger cake!" thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif hehe

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:31pm
post #47 of 59

My DH has helped me several time with fondant and gumpaste animals and other shapes. He loves to hunt and tried his hand at taxidermy for a few years - so he knows way more than I do about animal shapes, charactistics and proportions.

I have one 'young' customer who wanted ducks on his birthday cake last year, so I had DH make them. The birthday boy found out that DH had made them, so this year he ordered a turkey theme cake, so DH made the turkey feather mount with beard, call and shells for his cake last week - and the b'day boy was thrilled. He is already thinking on next years cake to try and challenge DH again!

Plus my DH makes 80% of my buttercream for me too. It's usually a Wednesday night exclusive - he will make a batch or 2 before Church and then finish up when he gets home -- and yes sometimes he even cleans up after he is finished too!

Suze

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:48pm
post #48 of 59

That's awesome he helped you out! The animals are great. I love the detail on the tree trunk, but the coconuts go underneath-just like in life icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #49 of 59

that is WICKED awesome!!

JaeRodriguez Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 6:56pm
post #50 of 59

Suzy- I just looked at your cakes and the fish one is awesome! What a great help, I'd love the BC help because that's my least favorite part!

sadsmile- i laughed out LOUD! haha ;] I never thought of that, I'm not going to mention it because he'll feel the need to do the whole thing over! But now I will never forget where the coconuts go! icon_biggrin.gif hehe

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 1:55am
post #51 of 59

Thanks Jae - and yes he did color the fish.

Your son's first b'day cake is going to be awesome!

Suze

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 4:33pm
post #52 of 59

Wow love the flamingo my daughter is nuts on them. Well done your hubby he obviously has a talent for this

JaeRodriguez Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 4:34pm
post #53 of 59

So I just have to update- Apparently it is a VERY good thing that my hubby has taken a cake interest, because last Tuesday I was hospitalized with preterm labor and we had to cancel my son's birthday party Saturday and move it to this Sunday. I am on bedrest so I wont be able to finish his cake! The GREAT part is I have the cake/icing made and frozen and we've already completed all of the animals but now my hubby has to ice/stack the cake by himself and all I can do is sit there and try to explain how to do so! I am so frustrated that I wont be able to do it and we did a practice smash cake as my son's birthday was the 23rd and I was trying to explain how to ice and what to do with your spatula but I was HORRIBLE at explaining, he eventually handed me the spatula. I just need to let him watch Edna's tutorial I think that would be the best way to explain! :]

By the way, if you guys are looking for a yellow cake- the old Sylvia Weinstock classic yellow cake with Indy's BC is YUMMY! :] I was stealing pieces of my son's cake on Tuesday ;]

superstar Posted 25 Mar 2010 , 9:08pm
post #54 of 59

Sorry you are under the weather, take care of yourself & I am sure you DH will do a great job.

CakeEvolution Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEvolution Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:35am
post #55 of 59

Impressive work!

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 3:42am
post #56 of 59

Wow! Tell your hubby all the cc gals are bragging on him! icon_biggrin.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 11:25am
post #57 of 59

WOW Those are great! I am so impressed!!

JaeRodriguez Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 1:27pm
post #58 of 59

Haha I told him, and I also showed him pictures of how talented you all are to show that your compliments are special and he got all excited! It was cute haha! We're starting the cake today, wish us luck! icon_wink.gif

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 4:30pm
post #59 of 59

that's awesome

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%