Filling And Covering A Cake

Decorating By Linda01 Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 5:29am by kiwigal81

Linda01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda01 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:16am
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I'm new to this so this might be a silly question but i was just curious. I want to try filling a cake with something other than ganache or buttercream, so when you fill a cake (you plan to cover in fondant) with say custard, what do you use to coat the cake, a crusting buttercream?


1 reply
kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:29am
post #2 of 2

You can use whatever you normally use, ganache, fondant over bc, bc, you just pipe a dam around the area to be filled so it doesn't smoosh out into your covering. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%