Shaving While Driving?!?!?!

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 11 Mar 2010 , 9:19pm by misserica

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 9

A friend of mine posted this on facebook and I had to share it here. What goes through people's heads?

http://cbs2chicago.com/watercooler/driving.shaving.crash.2.1542152.html

Mar 6, 2010 3:52 pm US/Central Cops: Woman Crashes While Shaving Bikini LineCUDJOE KEY (CBS) ¯ You've heard of the dangers of texting while driving, and talking on the phone while behind the wheel of a car.
MONROE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE/CBS

A two-car crash on a Florida highway was caused by a 37-year-old woman who was shaving her bikini area while in the driver's seat, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Her ex-husband was steering from the passenger seat.

Megan Mariah Barnes and her ex-husband Charles Judy were driving southbound Tuesday morning when they slammed into the back of a pick-up driven by David Schoff after he slowed to take a turn, CBS station WFOR-TV reports.

Barnes said she was meeting her boyfriend in Key West and wanted to be "ready for the visit," trooper Gary Dunick explained.

Barnes and Judy allegedly drove another half-mile before switching seats. When they were pulled over, Judy claimed to have been driving. The trooper noticed burns on Judy's chest from the passenger-side airbag, which disproved their story. The airbag in the steering wheel apparently did not deploy.

Three passengers a man and two women were treated for minor injuries.

Barnes had been driving with a suspended license, just a day after being convicted in an Upper Keys court of a DUI. She was sentenced to nine months of probation, and her license was revoked for five years.

Now, Barnes is being charged with reckless driving, driving with a revoked license, leaving the scene of a crash with injuries, and driving with no insurance, WFOR-TV reports. She could face a year in jail if found guilty of violating her probation.

Judy was not charged in the crash.

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 9

Based on the things that I've seen people doing while driving, the weirdest thing about this to me is that her ex-husband was driving with her so that she could go meet her boyfriend! icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 9

I shared it with my uncle and he said the same thing. I was like there were all kinds of wrong in that one thing, not just the shaving.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 9

I heard that on the radio a few days ago. I live in Fl. and they were saying the girl was getting "ready" to see her boyfriend in Key West and had just had her lisence revoked the day before for DUI! CRAZY!!!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 9

Hopefully she "nicked" herself in the crash, and learned a lesson...... icon_lol.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 9

At least she was'nt waxing, now that would have been a real mess.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:36am
post #7 of 9

Since then, I am a very cautious driver with no tollerance for distracted (texting/cellphone) drivers... BUT

15 yrs ago when I was a bit clueless...
I was driving a standard while trying to "cream cheese" a bagel (yes I've used it as a verb)... I was about 50 feet from driving up onto a pulled over Flat bed truck!! Luckily I looked up in time, and moved around it.

I laugh about it now, because the image in my head is completely absurd... It's ok to laugh, because no one got hurt. icon_smile.gif

Mickey17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickey17 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:53am
post #8 of 9

When I first saw this I had two thoughts

1. Based on the mug shot, her bikini line was the last thing she should be worrying about.

2. I am pretty sure that the terms "ex-husband" and "boyfriend" have to be euphemisms for pimp and john respectively.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 9

Seriously!? Mickey, I bet your right, hence the reason she could not shave at home, she was late for her next "appointment".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%