How Do I Get Cake Stand Back?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 1:16pm by Loucinda

mom2my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2my3girlz Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 3

I was thinking of buying a nice cake stand for a sweet sixteen cake I have to make next month. I want it back. How do I get it back? Do I charge her for it? Do I get it from the restaurant? Never had to do this before.

2 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 3

You charge a refundable deposit that equals the cost of the stand. If they do not return it, you keep the deposit and buy a new one.

Usually I have the client return it by a certain date

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, charge a deposit, and if they pay for it with a check, cash the check abd just hold the cash. When the stand is returned - complete and not broken, they get the money back. Make sure you check it when it is returned. I didn't once, and regretted it - a major part of the stand was gone. (and I had already given their deposit back)

Quote by @%username% on %date%