Whipped Ganache - Refrigerate Or Not?

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 10 Mar 2010 , 11:32pm by JustToEatCake

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 10

filling, the cake will be out all day, will it be okay? does it need to be refrigerated?

9 replies
SandiOh Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 12:07am
post #2 of 10

anybody?

SandiOh Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 10

one more time

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 1:05pm
post #4 of 10

I've read from several different sources that ganache does not need to be refrigerated - that's the beauty of it!

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 10

Ganache does not need to be refrigerated.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 10

ditto. b/c the cream is heated it becomes safe outside the fridge. Yippeee!!!

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 10

I'd disagree with that. I think unwhipped ganache is safe, but a decorator I was chatting to recently said that as soon as it has air whipped into it, it needs to be refridgerated.

If you mean that you'll have a chilled cake that will be eaten that day I would say that it will probably be fine, I would treat it the same as buttercream that it should be eaten that day, or refridgerated for longer than a day.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 10

I also read that whipped ganache needs to be refridgerated because usually the cream to sugar ratio isn't as high...having said that, I just ate some today that had been out a week and I still feel OK...haha...it was 50/50 ratio.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustToEatCake

I also read that whipped ganache needs to be refridgerated because usually the cream to sugar ratio isn't as high...

I make whipped ganache with the same ganache I use for pouring, then I chill and whip it. So for me anyway, it has the same cream to sugar ratio.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustToEatCake

I also read that whipped ganache needs to be refridgerated because usually the cream to sugar ratio isn't as high...

I make whipped ganache with the same ganache I use for pouring, then I chill and whip it. So for me anyway, it has the same cream to sugar ratio.

Angela, the first ganache I made was 1/3 cream to 2/3 chocolate and it did great under fondant. It did become a bit harder than the 50/50.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%