Is There A Subsitute For Gum Arabic?

Baking By chelleb1974 Updated 20 Mar 2010 , 2:18am by DALIG

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 1:45am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I was looking at Geraldine Randlesome's recipe for Extension work royal icing ( ) and it calls for gum arabic. I don't have any, not sure where to get it from, and don't have time to order it icon_sad.gif

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a subsitute I could use in place of the gum arabic.

Thank you!

1 reply
DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 20 Mar 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 2

well for the gumpaste recipe that i use calls for gum arabic too but i actually use gum tex from wilton i supose that its the substitute for that and you can get it at hobby lobby or michaels, make sure that you have a coupon from the website so its 40% off. Hope this help, Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%