Help Me With The Bloom Or Haze On My Chocolate Candy Molds

Sugar Work By burkecakes Updated 7 Mar 2010 , 5:16am by BlakesCakes

burkecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
burkecakes Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 2

Please help-

I don't normally work with chocolates, but my best friend requested a small chocolate on the top of each of her cupcakes for her wedding. I bought Wilton candy melts, followed the instructions to melt in the microwave, poured into the mold, and when I removed them, the top was coverd in haze/bloom. I really don't know enough to fix this. Can anyone please give me advice?

Much appreciated!!

1 reply
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:16am
post #2 of 2

They probably got overheated. You'll need to re-melt them and re-mold them.

Heat in a microwave safe plastic bowl on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until 90%-95% of them are melted. Stir until the rest melt.

It's best to let them set up at room temp and if they don't come out easily, then put in fridge for 2 or 3 minutes.

This method takes a bit longer, but the results are better.


Quote by @%username% on %date%