How Much Do/would You Charge For Cake Pops

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 9 Mar 2010 , 12:04am by cylstrial

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 1:16am
post #1 of 7

A clients has requested cake pops inspired by Bakerella's uber-cute sesame street pops....How much per pop would you charge?

http://www.bakerella.com/street-party/

6 replies
Tomoore Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 7

Bump

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 7

Do u have pricing for cake? Hopefully it is done in a way you can adapt to caleballs?
If not, u need to sit down figure out the time, figure out utilities and ingredients, put a price on your time, and look for compeition.
Being small and fiddly, and often very detailed (ala bakerella cutting sprinkles in half... No thanks!) they will come out pricey!
xx

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 12:05am
post #4 of 7

This lady sells 12 for $21. That's $1.75 a piece. I was going to suggest $2 each.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31503772

Tomoore Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 7

Thanks!

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 3:34am
post #6 of 7

Persoally-$2 each would not be enough for me. That is what I charge per cupcake with a swirl of icing-and they are quick! I tried the reindeer pops at Christmas and what a pain. Cute...but a pain. Many steps-dip, attach pieces (where do you put them while the pieces dry?) , add the details, maybe more dry time & packaging. Lots of handling. I'd say $5 each and then I would make them bigger since the ingredients aren't as expensive as the TIME icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Mar 2010 , 12:04am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarspice

Persoally-$2 each would not be enough for me. That is what I charge per cupcake with a swirl of icing-and they are quick! I tried the reindeer pops at Christmas and what a pain. Cute...but a pain. Many steps-dip, attach pieces (where do you put them while the pieces dry?) , add the details, maybe more dry time & packaging. Lots of handling. I'd say $5 each and then I would make them bigger since the ingredients aren't as expensive as the TIME icon_smile.gif

$5 a pop would be awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%