How To Make Clear Rinestones

Decorating By pookie40 Updated 8 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm by Cricketina

pookie40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookie40 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 6

I have to do a cake this weekend with Bling! Looking to do a bling belt using rinestones. I would probably use a fondant/gumpaste buckle and use the rinestones to spell out her name. I would like to make them edible but cannot find anything in my local cake store. Thought about using sugar but not sure how to make it plus I don't have a mold. Any suggetions on how I can make something that looks like clear rinestones? Thank you!

5 replies
marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 6

Hey there
I'm sure there is a tutorial on here somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it but if you search for 'beer bucket' it will throw up all of the beer bucket cakes and most of them have sugar ice cubes which may give you a starting point. My one brain cell is screaming SweetResults as being the person in the know you could try pming for instructions - apologies if this is wrong - maybe someone else will know.
HTH

gramofgwen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramofgwen Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 6

I was at my local cake supply store yesterday and was told you can melt Jolly Ranchers in the micrwave and pour them into molds. You have to work fastfilling the molds because that stuff cools off quickly.

j_black Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_black Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 6

Hi there! Making the rinestones is a snap. I recommend using sugar and a mold. Making the mold in easy, all you need is something to make the mold of (a real rinestone), and food grade liquid silicone.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 5:44pm
post #5 of 6

You may not have the time, but checkout these by CakeInfatuation:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=666954&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

And if you do a Google search, you can find suppliers that have them pre-made.

HTH

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 8 Mar 2010 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 6

Clear Isomalt works great...good luck thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%