Tamplate For Printing Circles On Precut Edible Paper Circles

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 16 Mar 2010 , 3:08am by bizatchgirl

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 3:47am
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know what software to use to print out the circles on the edible precut circle paper (whatever you call it) The only software I can find is the one where the paper is keyed and honestly, I dont like that paper...I found a better quality of frosting sheets,but dont know what software to use! How do you do it?

10 replies
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:39am
post #2 of 11

There is a free software from KopyKake that will cut it but it only lets you print like 15 copies, I think. After you buy more paper from KopyKake you get a code that gives you more copies.

I used it for a round Spiderman image and it worked very well. I was able to expand my image up to the full circle size and it only printed on the circle, crops out everything else.

Hope that helps.

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 4:51am
post #3 of 11

Thanks for that info !!

loriemoms Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

There is a free software from KopyKake that will cut it but it only lets you print like 15 copies, I think. After you buy more paper from KopyKake you get a code that gives you more copies.

I used it for a round Spiderman image and it worked very well. I was able to expand my image up to the full circle size and it only printed on the circle, crops out everything else.

Hope that helps.

That is the only software I have been able to find, and again I don't want the coded stuff. (I HATE thier paper!)

thanks anyway, but would really like something where I dont have to have a code. Anyone?

bizatchgirl Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 11

I gotcha. I totally didn't get what you meant when you said 'keyed'. I thought you were referring to something on the paper.

What don't you like about that paper, if you don't mind saying? I am new to the EI printer world and they're the only brand I've used, and only done 2 images!!

loriemoms Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 4:55am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

I gotcha. I totally didn't get what you meant when you said 'keyed'. I thought you were referring to something on the paper.

What don't you like about that paper, if you don't mind saying? I am new to the EI printer world and they're the only brand I've used, and only done 2 images!!

The paper is too thin and dries out quickly. It is hard to remove sometimes, especially in the humid summer. I buy my paper from Icing Images, it is on a nice backing, EASY to remove, you can even cut the paper itself if you want too AFTER you peel it off. They also have chocolate transfers you can print on for reverse printing... I use the circles all the times on cookies and its nice having a decent paper since you have to work it a little on the cookie.

They are working on some software but dont have it out yet and I spend hours putting together circles that will line up. There has to be a better way...

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 11:01am
post #7 of 11

Currently the Premium Icing Sheets have a free version of the software that is not keyed. The premium icing sheets do not dry out so quickly. Also, Corel has a software called photo express which allows you to put in your coordinates to print. Finally, if you need them, I belelive we do have some key codes for the other software if you PM me, I can get them for you when I am at my office on Monday

loriemoms Posted 6 Mar 2010 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Currently the Premium Icing Sheets have a free version of the software that is not keyed. The premium icing sheets do not dry out so quickly. Also, Corel has a software called photo express which allows you to put in your coordinates to print. Finally, if you need them, I belelive we do have some key codes for the other software if you PM me, I can get them for you when I am at my office on Monday

That is the paper I use and I LOVE IT. Do you know where I can get the software for it? I know I have a demo version of it, but could not get it to run (a dos window comes up and then goes away) so I bet there is a newer version out?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 12:44am
post #9 of 11

Call my office tomorrow and we will give you a direct link to download from. Still in beta, but its beta version 2!!!!! Cant wait until the final comes!

Taleesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taleesa Posted 7 Mar 2010 , 4:56am
post #10 of 11

THanks for the info. I can't wait to get one!

bizatchgirl Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:08am
post #11 of 11

Thank you lorismom for the info. I've been happy with it so far but I don't know anything different...I'm also in Az and we have absolutely no humidity here so that probably makes a huge difference.

One thing I am not too happy with is the ink cartridges. Are there any other companies that sell the ink cartridges for standard printers? I have the Epson 620.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%