What Is A Frozen Buttercream Transfer? How Do You Do It?

Decorating By NaNaD1492 Updated 5 Mar 2010 , 2:16am by NaNaD1492

NaNaD1492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NaNaD1492 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 4

What is frozen buttercream transfer? How do you do it? Why do you do it?

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, there is a great tutorial in the Article section. icon_smile.gif

Edited to add the link,


TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

FBCTs are a way to get a design/picture on a cake with out having to pipe stars.

I have several of them in my photos.

The quick explanation is that you take your image you want to use (think coloring book drawing), tape it to a cake board and cover it with wax paper or parchment paper. You think take buttercream icing and a smaller round tip and outline the image in what ever color you want it to be. After it is all outlined you pipe the different colors in to fill in each section. Some will put a layer of icing on top of it at this point but I don't. I just pay a piece of wax paper on it and lightly smooth it with my hands.

You then put it in freezer. The freezer hardens the buttercream and will allow you to flip the whole transfer over on a cake then peel off the wax paper (you have to work quickly). Your image on is then on the cake.

NaNaD1492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NaNaD1492 Posted 5 Mar 2010 , 2:16am
post #4 of 4

Thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%