Gravel Road For A Farm Cake

Decorating By jamccubbin Updated 3 Mar 2010 , 9:25pm by kimsmom

jamccubbin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamccubbin Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a gravel road for a farm cake? The customer does not want a dirt rd. I can't think of anything gray to make the gravel out of. I tried coloring nerds but that did not work. The nerds are the right size just the wrong color. Any help is appreciated Thanks! Have a blessed day!

5 replies
UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:40am
post #2 of 6

hmmm...i'm racking my brain for you! my only thought is to go to the seasonings aisle and look for seeds of some sort...maybe you could color white sesame seeds grey and then mix in a little bit of poppyseeds?

can't wait to hear what others have come up with! there's got to be something better than what i can offer!

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:53am
post #3 of 6

What about gray fondant cut into little pieces?

Rainybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainybaby Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 6

I have done a stone road by using chocolate rocks. Its a chocolate candy that is shaped and colored to look like rocks. All my package says is "candy store" chocolate rocks. HTH
Jenn

curliesue26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curliesue26 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 6

At some of the candy stores - they have candy chocolate rocks. They should be about the right size.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 6

Can you color Rice Krispies gray? At first I thought of Grape Nuts, but they might be tough on the teeth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%